Volunteers and funding are fundamental to the running of The Green.
We are always looking for more people to give their time and expertise. See the INDIVIDUALS section below.
We are currently looking for funding for a number of appeals. We welcome any corporate support and are happy to organise corporate sponsorship opportunities. See the CORPORATES section below.
Fundraise for us
We have a number of appeals (General & Nature Club) for which we are seeking fundraisers! What’s the next challenge you’re willing to undertake for your community? Get in touch to talk to us about your ideas.
Volunteer your time and skills
Depending on your interests and available time, there are a range of ways you can get involved. See below for our CURRENT VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITY PROFILES for guidance to the skills we are most keenly looking for at the moment.
There’s plenty to do and we warmly welcome new members who want to make an active contribution, whether or not the work fits within any of our Current Volunteering Opportunity Profiles. In general, volunteer opportunities are centred around the following working groups:
- Business planning and fundraising
- Programming, marketing and communications
- Building and operations
- Legal and HR
If you would like to volunteer your time then please get in touch using our contact form.
Spread the word
The more people who support The Green, the more likely the centre is to succeed – both in attracting active users and financial support.
You can help to promote the centre by:
- Telling your friends about the centre – word of mouth is still the most powerful form of marketing!
- Following us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and sharing our posts with your friends
Current Volunteering Opportunity Profiles
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to work in our café. This involves making teas, coffees, hot chocolates and serving up cake. Barista training is delivered on the job!
We are looking for green-fingered locals to help us improve and maintain our fabulous community garden.
We are looking for creatives to help us design new marketing materials and improve our look.
Marketing & Communication
We are looking for social-media wiz-kids to help us maintain our social media pages, creating engaging content and communicating our exciting news.
Make us part of your Social Corporate Responsibility efforts!
Reputation is everything in a competitive world; we would love to help you foster a great reputation by showing your customers and shareholders that you care!
We can also help raise your brand awareness; any support that is provided by your organisation will be advertised by us on our website and social media platforms, elevating your social profile and increasing visibility! Your logo will also feature in our marketing materials.
In short, we can help you:
- Hone your staff’s teamwork skills
- Increase your brand awareness and customer loyalty
- Motivate and retain employees
Here are some ideas:
- Corporate day out: Let us organise a fun day our for your employees, filled with team-building activities, such as gardening and arts & crafts.
- Team building volunteering day out: Donate your employees’ time to help us with specific jobs.
- Activities to raise funds for our appeals: Have your employees undertake challenges in order to raise funds for our appeals (General & Nature Club)
- Direct donation: (General & Nature Club)
Make us your chosen charity!